Monday, August 22, 2016

Cross Country

On Friday the 12th we had a cross country race. Kids were waiting for the race to begin but I was quite nervous I thought I could come first. The girls went first (Year 3 & 4's) but  the year 4's went first then the year 3's. They had a bit of a warm up. Then they walked on the concrete to the start line. I was waiting for them to start. Then yelled Mrs Thomson saying "GO!" to the girls then they started to run. Zian was in the lead and she stayed in that position as she ran that whole course. Then it was time for the boys (Year 3 & 4's) we did the same with the girls then we went to the starting line the same way they took. I was saying to myself in my mind "I can do this, just try my best then I can have at least one person behind me" I got to the start line. Then Mrs Thompson yelled GO! Then we ran I was way at the back but I got one person behind then I got to Mountfort Park and I was tired but I knew to never give up and I didn't. I got in front some few people then I met Herman at the finishing line. We were both in a tie but I did a little boost then I beat him. As I came 11th in the race I shook Herman's hand and we said " That was a great race between you and me, see you in the next years cross country" We did a warm down to keep our muscles strong then I had a drink then sat in line I hope you liked it. I didn't because it was tiring in the race. And this is a picture of the boys waiting for the race



No comments:

Post a Comment